We want to give you 1000c!
All you need to do is write a piece of music for the Dwarven Volympics! If we select your song to be played, we'll give 1000c spending money for BEER!
What is this contest?
We're looking for two pieces of music to be played at the opening and closing ceremonies of the Dwarven Volympics. This music should personify the spirit of glorious, drunken competition!
A panel of judges will review all entries and select two (2) pieces of music that best fit the drunken Volympics spirit; one to be played at the opening ceremonies, and the other to be played at the closing ceremonies.
Entering the contest
In compliance with the regulations of Puddleby's Bard's Guild, this contest is only open to members of the Bard's Guild (read why here). If you are a Bard, and would like to submit your music, we need:
- Your exile's name
- Your email address
- One complete piece of music written in the Clan Lord Tune Format (CLTF)
- There should be no errors in the music (the piece must be able to play without errors in Clan Lord Tune Helper v1.1)
- Tempo and instrument selection should be noted
- Duets and trios are welcomed, but the complete score for each instrument must be included
Where to send submissions
All entries should be sent to Phineas at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions should be received by 23:59h, Tue 11 Sep 01. We're usually too drunk to notice -- or worry -- about time zone differences; a little bit on that side of Wednesday will be okay.
What happens if your music is selected
The Volympics committeee will be too involved with the operations of the Volympic games to coordinate the music; the winner(s) will handle their music for the ceremonies.
If we select you as a winner:
- You will be notified by email that your music has been selected, and which ceremony it has been selected for
- The time and location of the ceremony will be included in this notification
- The opening ceremonies take place on Sat 15 Sep 01 at 9:00h (9:00am) PDT
- The closing ceremonies take place on Tue 25 Sep 01 at 19:30h (7:30pm) PDT
- Consult the Volympics events calendar for any changes in date or time
- You will be responsible for the performance of your music
- You do not need to be the person to perform your music
- If you are not performing, then you will need to have someone with the appropriate instrument to perform your music
- If your music is a duet or a trio, then you are responsible for getting the correct number of performers with the appropriate instruments
Other terms that you should probably know about:
- You may enter as often as you like
- All music must be an original piece of work by you -- no fair copying existing music
- As stated above, the music should personify the spirit of glorious, drunken competition
- Each submission should be unique -- don't send us 100 copies of the same song
- Although there is no defined limit to the number of time you may enter this contest, if you try to send us your entire archived library of music, we will hunt you down and beat you like a baby meshra
- Yes, if you send more than one entry then you could win both the opening ceremony prize and the closing ceremony prize!
- The cash prize is awarded to the winner only
- Performers who are not the contest winners are not compensated by the Dwarven Volympics committeee
- The Volympics committeee will award prize money only if the winning music is performed
- The music performed must be the same music that was submitted by the contest winner
- If the performer does not play the winning submitted music, the Dwarven Volympics committeee is not obligated to award the prize money to the contest winner
- It's our money and our rules; we have the final say in this contest over winners, performance times and terms of cash prizes
Play fair, play hard, play drunk!