[ Pushball |
The Official Rules of the Puddleby Pushball League
These rules are subject to change at any time as new problems inevitably arise. All rule changes will be properly posted on the eGroups server.
1.0 Teams and Team Formation
- 1.01 Teams are required to have a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 7 exiles registered with the Pushball League.
- 1.02 No substitutions are allowed at any match, except for those who are already registered with your team.
- 1.03 Teams choose before the match begins whether they will play 4 exiles vs. 4 exiles, or 5 exiles vs. 5 exiles.
- 1.04 Each team is required to come up with an original name.
- 1.05 Each team must register with the Pushball League, and every member of every team must be on the Pushball mailing list.
- 1.06 All teams must re-register at the start of each season. At this time, player changes can be made.
2.0 Challenging other Teams
- 2.01 All challenges must be made on the eGroups mailing list.
- 2.02 All challenges, when confirmed, must be posted on the eGroups calendar.
- 2.03 All challenges must be responded to, in the eGroups list, within 7 OOC days of when it was written. If not, then the one who is challenged (and did not respond) forfeits.
- 2.04 All challenges must include 3 distinct time options for the challenging team to accept. These "distinct" time options must each be a minimum of 1.5 OOC hours apart on 3 different days (ie. 6pm Monday, 7:30pm Tuesday, or 9:00pm Wednesday).
- 2.05 The challenging team always wears red, the defending team blue.
- 2.06 You may not challenge the same team 2 times consecutively, nor more than 5 times in a given season.
- 2.07 In no case may you challenge a team who has forfeited a match against you in a given season.
- 3.01 Rankings are determined by the numbers of wins and losses in a season. The first season will begin on Day 1 of Spring, in the year 539 (9-17-00), and will end on the same day of 540 (12-14-2000), when a new season will begin.
- 3.02 Ties count only as a tie-breaker between two teams in the overall rankings.
- 3.03 In the event of a tie within 2 weeks (OOC) of the end of a season, the two teams that are tied will compete against one another.
- 3.04 Each team must compete in a minimum of 3 pushball matches per season to be included in the final rankings.
- 3.05 Final rankings are determined by the total number of wins minus the total number of losses.
4.0 Rules of Play
- 4.01 Each match lasts for 80 minutes (IC, 20 minutes OOC.).
- 4.02 Each match must have one referee present.
- 4.03 Each team may only have 4 or 5 members, as was determined prior to the match commencing.
- 4.04 If the ball goes out of bounds and is not returned to the center automatically, the play clock will stop until the ball is moved back in bounds.
- 4.05 Pushing, pulling, elbow-jabbing, slide-tackling, spitting, taunting, hitting, and yo-mama jokes are all allowed.
- 4.06 Only one goalie is allowed at a time. A goalie is defined as an exile who stands still in front of his or her own goal to the north or south, depending on team color, of the first spectator area.
- 4.07 If either team is more than 10 OOC minutes late for a match, or if insufficient team members are present (4 or 5), then that team takes a loss and the other team takes a win.
- 4.08 If neither team shows up on time, then the match is considered a loss for both teams.
- 4.09 Regardless of score, the play stops at the end of 20 OOC minutes.
5.0 Put Your Money Where Your Foot Is (Optional)
- 5.01 If agreed upon before the season starts, all teams may decide upon an initial fee to enter the league. This money will be put in a bank account where it will be distributed to the winners of the season.
- 5.02 Money may be distributed in one of two ways, determined before the season begins; 1) The winning team gets it all, or 2) The top 3 teams split it 50-30-20 (respectively 1st-2nd-3rd).
[ Pushball |